Tuesday, March 27, 2012

bad Luck for good TV

I am so bummed that HBO canceled Luck. Just when I was getting the hang of the horse racing stuff, too. Byt while I was trying to pick up the racing biz, I was so enjoying the phenomenal cast: Dustin Hoffman, Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Kevin Dunn, Jason Gedrick, Jill Hennessey, Ian Hart, Nick Nolte, Gary Stevens. That's an incredible collection of acting talent. In the last episode, Dennis Farina just broke my heart when he looked at himself in the mirror after killing the hitman in the men's room. Acting your ass off without saying a word is a very special skill; I knew exactly what the character was thinking. It's just a terrible shame.

Canceled, BTW, because three horses died over the filming of 12 episodes; very natural deaths and not uncommon for racehorses, but those assholes at PETA got their accusations all of the media before the real story came out, and HBO chose to cancel the show over the bad press. I hate PETA, and not just for that. I'm as opposed to animal cruelty as the next person, but they spend way too much time and money on issues that pale in comparison to human issues in this country. When everyone in the US - or maybe the world - is properly fed and housed and has health care, then we can talk about fur coats and leather shoes. Plus a lot of their press is extremely distorted. Hate'em.

I just took a look at the last published post on this blog, and it has an ad for Utsav Fashions, Indian clothes! Way cool! and they do sell beautiful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment