Wednesday, April 11, 2012

see comment #9

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/times-readers-recommend-their-favorite-baseball-books/

I've published quite a few magazine articles in my day, even contributed articles to two books, got an honorable mention in a New York Magazine competition, had a letter to the editor printed in Esquire...but I do believe this is the first time I've been in the New York Times. Pretty big deal in my world.

Also, I finished watching Mazdoor, and thought it was quite wonderful. Dilip Kumar was great, as was Raj Babbar. And I liked the labor-vs-owner theme - but like most Indian films, they heap on extra plots, so there was a whole love-triangle thing that was kind of stale. But it was a well-acted, earnest film. As a former union member, I wholeheartedly approve.

And...new Ram Gopal Varma/Amitabh Bachchan movie, Department, opening next month. can't hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment