Friday, August 27, 2010

too sad

I watched part of a documentary last night that I shouldn't have watched.  It involved someone I once considered a friend; the "friend" basically treated me like a flunky and then dropped me.  It's been a couple of years, and I don't think about it much, considering that I knew this person for most of my life.  At first I didn't think the documentary footage bothered me (it was actually some deleted scenes from a film I'd seen some years back), but I couldn't sleep last night, and today I can't eat and can't stop crying.  Sometimes people are so cruel and disappoint you so thoroughly and shockingly that it's hard to let go; I'm still stunned by the way I was treated, nearly two years later.  Maybe it's partly because I'm very stressed, waiting to hear about that job, but I think I'm also very sad.  Losing a friend is hard enough; discovering that the "friend" only used and discarded you is nearly unbearable.  Barry knows that I miss the "friend" and keeps hoping that we'll make up, but I don't see anything to go back to.  After a certain point, I decided to stop inviting neglect and cruelty, which was the right decision, but it's hard not to miss the friend I never had.

No comments:

Post a Comment