Sunday, September 5, 2010

the reason is you and upcoming interview

I went out today and was listening to my smitchik (I believe this is a Yiddish word, and I believe it means "little thingie," more or less -- this is what Barry and I call our mp3 players), and the song "The Reason" by Hoobastank came on. I don't know if I've ever heard any of their other songs, but I remember hearing it with V. once or twice.  He pronounced the music wonderful, but the lyrics mundane and basically awful.  V. would never like a song unless the music and lyrics were both great.  Me, I'll overlook lame lyrics; actually, I enjoy quite a few songs where I don't know the lyrics at all (think foreign languages -- in fact, think about that Miriam Makeba song I posted recently).  I don't even think the Hoobastank lyrics are that bad.  It's a very average and decent love song, and the music really carries it above and beyond.  But don't take my word for it.






I still can't figure out how to post music, if there's even a way, but I can post anything that has a video on YouTube.  It's a start.

Also, I did a web search for the place that's interviewing me on Tuesday.  They don't seem to have their own website, but I did find a few reviews on various shopping sites. I'm glad to know that the place mostly handles things like watches, jewelry, and autographs; I had expected something more like fine art and antiques.  But actually, the stuff they handle is much more up my alley.  Some of the reviews said the place was great, others said it was cluttered and the owner was rude.  Well, I'll see how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment