Saturday, September 25, 2010

no one is feeling well

I didn't make it to that uptown university interview yesterday because I came down with a sore throat on Thursday, first one in a long time.  I e-mailed to explain, and asked if I could interview on Monday, but had no response.  The sore throat seems to be calming down, after a couple of bad days.

Also, something is going on with Barry -- in all probability, a bad reaction to one of his meds.  His new psychiatric med may have just come to full level in his system, though his symptoms seem to point more to thyroid problems, although his thyroid med was just increased.  Anyway, he's irritable, moody, can't sleep, paces a lot, that kind of thing.  He's been that way for a couple of days.  Unfortunately, both our general doctor and our psychiatrist are orthodox, and the general doctor won't be back in the office until October 4.  Not sure about the psychiatrist.  There are a few Jewish holidays over a week and a half, and even though there are some "off" days in that stretch, a lot of religious folks take the whole time off -- sort of like taking the week between Christmas and New Year's.  Our orthodox dentist will be in during the off days (Barry also has a gum infection, and has to see him next week), so we're hoping the psychiatrist is doing the same thing.  The general doctor did a blood test the other day, but we're not sure if he'll see the results before October 4.  This is one time we're not too crazy about having orthodox doctors.

He is driving me crazy.  When he can't sleep through the night, no one can sleep through the night.  I feel terrible for him, but there's nothing I can do and it's very frustrating.  I listen to a lot of complaining, and hold his hand in the middle of the night, but it's really wearing me down.  He's out at his therapist now, so I get a little break.

On another topic, I am having a bitch of a time trying not to hear about V.  One of the music blogs I read was raving about an out-of-town show he did recently, with several photos.  (In the music world, V. is obscure, to say the least, but a lot of those music bloggers know and love obscure music.)  I'm sure that's what made me dream about him last night -- dreamed I was very dressed up and going to a fancy restaurant, and there he was.  I avoided eye contact and left.  What a drag to dream about the SOB.

Barry and I are both having back problems, and are going to the chiropractor on Monday.  I haven't seen him in two years -- he's basically my chiropractor, but Barry's seen him once.  I haven't seen him in a couple of years, since I haven't been working and Barry kept putting off paying an outstanding bill to him.  I don't think I've written about him in this blog, though I have in others -- I adore my chiropractor.  He's a big, handsome, sweet dude about my own age.  We got to be pretty good friends -- in fact, the last time I saw him was when he made a brief appearance at my 50th birthday party (the one V. didn't get to).  I used to get the last appointment of the day, so we'd take our time and talk quite a bit.  When I was still in publishing, I used to bring him military history books, which is his thing.  We just got on beautifully, and I miss him.  I'd say our relationship was very affectionate and maybe a little flirty, even though he's divorced with a girlfriend (and five kids!).  We did get kind of attached.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete