Tuesday, March 9, 2010

what up with that?

I reconnected with an old, old male friend on Facebook; we go back over thirty years and have been in contact intermittently during that time. We've always cared a great deal about each other and have had a lot in common. Except now, he's posting these horrible anti-abortion screeds and scripture and anti-Obama stuff...you know, everything I don't want to see on my page. Since I first met him, he had a career in the Navy and settled in the South, so I'm not too shocked that his belief systems have shifted wildly since he was a teen. Not quite sure how to handle this, though it's bothering me and I've considered "unfriending" him.

Watched the Oscars last night, being a movie addict from a family of movie addicts. (In recent years, I watch more at home than in the theaters, but it makes me no less a movie addict.) I was extremely pleased to see Kathryn Bigelow and The Hurt Locker win big awards. I just saw it within the past week and was really impressed with Bigelow's toughness. Plus, I've had an eye on Jeremy Renner since that rather awful movie where he played Jeffrey Dahmer. He was clearly a whole lot better than his material in the Dahmer movie, and let's hope he gets more parts of the Hurt Locker caliber, since there was no beating Jeff Bridges last night.

The latest Heeb Magazine lists the 100 Greatest Jewish Movie Moments, very cool, and the #1 moment is from The Big Lebowski. Which is how I got there from Jeff Bridges.

I have indeed started a memoir, and it's about school and summers. I've been turning it over in my head for a few years, and it got to be time to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment