Thursday, October 28, 2010

duh

So one of the women I share a room with a work plays this radio station all day, not loud but audible.  I asked her if it was an oldies station, but she said it's a mix.  Mostly, though, I hear 80s and 90s music but nothing too contemporary or even hip-hop -- the most up-to-date artist I've heard is Katy Perry (who I guess is considered fairly mainstream, but I like her).  There's stuff like The Ramones and Bruce Springsteen and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.  I enjoy it and actually know who most of the artists are, and sometimes I even comment on it (maybe I'm a bit of a know-it-all).  So thing song comes on yesterday (I don't know if it's called "Zombie" but that word's in it a lot), and I say, "I think that's The Cranberries."  The woman who plays the station said, "I thought it was Bjork."  I said, "I don't think so, I think it's The Cranberries, and I think this was a hit around fifteen years ago.  Maybe their only one."  A few minutes later, she said to me, "You were right, it was The Cranberries."  I was trying to figured out how she found that out, and thought that maybe the station had a website where you could read a list of what was being played. 

Then I realized that it wasn't an online playlist  -- the radio station was online! It's the internet, dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment