Sunday, January 10, 2010

more greatness

I saw Bob Marley around '77, and I saw Frank Sinatra and James Brown in the same week in 1984 (Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin opened for James Brown). Eddie Kendricks was very handsome. Nelson Riddle covered the notes Frankie could no longer hit.

My husband is seven years older than I am, so he got to see some things that I didn't. The one that of course stands out is The Beatles at Shea Stadium.

I saw and met a lot of extraordinary blues musicians when I was doing a lot of work for Blues Revue in the mid-90s. The all around best person I met, best performer, best human being, was Luther Allison. Luther had that greatness and even though we only saw each other a few times and spoke on the phone once, I felt deeply attached to him. I think a lot of people felt that way about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment