Wednesday, September 30, 2009

examined

I had my exams today for social security disability. I had to go to a hospital in downtown Brooklyn, near LIU, and see one doctor for a physical exam and one for a psych exam. The psych was really the most important for my case, and luckily the psychologist seemed to understand exactly what I was talking about.

Barry came with me, knowing how stressed I was about the whole thing, and afterwards, as a treat, took me to Junior's, which was not far away. Junior's is famous for their cheesecake but I am very partial to their corned-beef hash, which is made from scratch. Barry had some strawberry cheesecake and I took a couple of bites. I don't miss sweets too much, and there are some awfully good sugar-free chocolates and ice cream around, for when I do feel deprived.

I'm supposed to hear from the government in 5-8 weeks about my claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment